‘Weka’ is generally used as a machine learning tool. Downloaded Weka from sourceforge and installed it in our computer.
For a demo, we followed following steps:
- when the GUI of Weka was on the screen, clicked on Explorer and opened a new screen.
- Open File… C:\\Program Files –> Weka –> Data –> iris.arff
- now, if we click on ‘EDIT’ button, we can see the sample data
- if we click on ‘CLASSIFY‘ tab, we can find ‘ZeroR’ method is selected as Classifier
- if we click on ‘START‘, we will find result of the classifier and we can read it
- in ‘classifier’ option and click on it, we can see a tree option there. We chose Classifier–>Tree–>J48
searching on web, I found a good tutorial on the same topic in this website. you can to through this!
We learned about Training and Testing. We also learned about Classification and clustering. I found it so interesting.
We learned about Precision and Recall. There are True Positive, False Positive, True Negative and False Negative things to learn. Wikipedia on this topic could help.
[On 25 November, 2015 we had a wonderful class in Masters Program where we were introduced us with Weka]